ArcelorMittal South Africa accepts that social development cannot be the sole responsibility of government. Through public-private sector partnerships the company engages its skills and resources to broaden the base of the economy and ensure that it serves the broader community. As a responsible corporate citizen, the company endeavours to assist in promoting social development by building capacity within our broader society with a particular emphasis on education.
ArcelorMittal South Africa's Corporate Social Responsibility(CSR) strategy is underpinned by the following principles:
- Addressing socio-economic imbalances.
- Contributing to meaningful transformation.
- Aligning objectives with government programmes such as ASGISA (Accelerated and Shared Growth Initiative for South Africa).
- Empowering historically disadvantaged communities to become self-sufficient.
- Promoting employee participation in social projects.
To this end our CSR programme is focussed on benefiting historically disadvantaged communities and forming partnerships or strategic alliances with government departments to leverage the already substantial corporate social responsibility funding that we provide.
Leading the CSR strategy is our investment in education.
In summary our key focus CSR areas are:
- Education with special emphasis on the development of human potential in the fields of mathematics, science and technology through a variety of initiatives.
- Job creation and poverty alleviation. Health & Safety.
- BBBEE and SME development.
- Sports development.
- Arts & Culture.
- Social promotion.
Files to download:
Focus on development